All the Happenings (and the Happy Things)
Happy new year! Here are all of the things that happened since we last talked:
1. I made one last video for my videography job at Emory before the semester ended! It's a stop motion video and was a little bit of a nightmare to make, but a fun nightmare. Thanks to Andy for staring at the CVS photo printer for 45 minutes while the photos printed one. by. one. in the depths of finals week with me.
2. I made a video for the Emory Indian Cultural Exchange after their enormously successful Diwali event in November. I am super proud to be friends with all of them and am always in awe of their incredible work.
3. I drew this portrait of my friend Emma. Happy 2/3rds birthday, Emma.
4. I started an Instagram for making typography wallpapers! I've started and stopped and started and stopped many secret art Instagram accounts, but this one I somehow accidentally linked to my Facebook and all of my friends found it, so now I actually have to keep it up. So thanks, guys.
5. I start teaching this week! I'm at two different elementary schools this semester and am really excited to get to know the kids. Less excited to wake up at 6:30 AM three days a week, but we make do.
6. The Happy Things:
I normally put a lot of pressure on myself to complete 10,000,000 things during the winter breaks, namely 10,000,000 internship applications, which always sends me into a spiral of feeling not-good-enough/inadequate/unqualified/all of the things that I think too many college kids feel at this time of year. Instead of doing that this time, I watched a lot of TV, paced myself on the applications, and practiced self-appreciation. Here were some of the best shows and the best self-care-strategies:
-The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
-At least once a day, identify 5 things you can see, 4 things you can hear, 3 things you can feel, 2 things you can smell, and 1 thing you like about yourself
-Man With a Plan
-Remembering this piece of advice I received on a phone call: "You'll get lots and lots of no's, but you only need one yes."
-The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
-A strong support system and a very soft cat
-A lot of Adventure Time and Steven Universe
That's all for now! To the one person who reads this blog (hi, mom), talk to you soon (probably when you text me tomorrow).